Many international students aspire to study abroad in Germany, including Indians. The robust economy, vibrant culture, modern facilities, less or no tuition fees, and scholarships attract many Indian students. According to the latest report published by the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD, Germany has recorded a 20.85 per cent increase in the number of Indian students in the academic year 2019-20. Including 25,149 Indian students, the total number of international students in Germany is 411,601. The DAAD also revealed that Indians are the second-largest group of international students to enrol at German business school.
That’s not all. According to the QS Global MBA Rankings 2020, Germany’s five business schools rank in the top 50 around the world. Apart from these five B-Schools, many MBA colleges and universities fall on the list of top 200 business schools worldwide. These business schools are popular for providing a high quality of education in various MBA specialisations. These universities bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
Things Indian students need to consider before joining the business school in Germany
1. Student Visa: First of all, Indian aspirants require a student visa to study in Germany. Aspiring students can apply for a visa at the local German embassy or consulate in India. To apply for a study visa, students require a certificate of health insurance, valid passport, passport-sized photographs, proof of covered finances, university admission letter, academic certificates and proficiency in the English language.
2. Faculty: University’s faculties are one of the crucial parameters to look into before joining it. Faculties’ experience is significant in the students’ holistic development. Many universities mention the faculties on their official website. Students can check the universities’ websites to know about faculties.
3. Accreditation: Indian students must check the accreditation of colleges and programmes before enrolling in them. It is a symbol of trust that proves that the high quality of education is being offered at the colleges. Always prefer business schools in Germany that are accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
4. Return on Investment: Students should explore business schools before selecting them as some colleges in Germany provides better Return on Investment (ROI). As the programme is industry-focused, Germany’s business schools teach students to apply management skills to the task. Remember that internationally accredited programmes make students future-ready and more employable.
5. Scholarships: Though business schools in Germany offer no or lower tuition fees, students can still avail themselves of scholarships to pay other administrative fees. Some AMBA-accredited business schools in Germany offer 50 per cent scholarship programmes for future leaders. Explore business schools in Germany to avail scholarships.
6. Alumni: Last but not least. The alumni of the university play an essential role in decision-making. So, do not forget to check the alumni reviews and feedback about the programme and university before enrolling in it. You can go through the alumni review on the university’s website.
If you are keen on enrolling in the business school in Germany, keep these criteria in mind while choosing it. Always make a well-informed decision.