When it comes to choosing a reliable cloud computing service provider for development platforms, Salesforce seems to be the most sought-after option. It basically offers a social enterprise utility tool for developers to increase the efficiency of their ongoing development program. Salesforce has its own collection of development utilities and all of them are available on the Salesforce App Cloud. Salesforce DX is one such tool that has been recently announced, which has changed the entire scenario.
Salesforce has its own collection of development utilities and all of them are available on the Salesforce App Cloud. Salesforce DX is one such tool that has been recently announced, which has changed the entire scenario.
Salesforce DX enables developers, admins, and business analysts to build and monitor Salesforce applications in a better, direct, and effective manner. If you are looking to maximize the benefits offered by the tool, consult with the professionals like Flosum.com and others. Take a look at the various features provided by Salesforce DX:
● More well-defined exposure and granular clarity into the change administration of a developer’s production org.
● Enhanced VCS (Version Control System) sync via modified tracking of the Setup facilities.
● Introduction of Continuous delivery (CD) along with continuous integration (CI) that enables you to increase the time to market and improve the quality of the development platform.
● The capability to integrate more lightweight release management procedures.
The Key Elements of Salesforce DX
● Salesforce CLI: The key feature of the new Salesforce DX is applying its Salesforce CLI in order to sit well with source sync, scratch orgs, Heroku, as well as, different Salesforce services.
● Source Sync: This really comes in handy while synchronizing all packageable data out of the scratch tags. Likewise, you can also incorporate metadata into the scratch orgs, owing to the source-driven development platform.
● Scratch Orgs: Probably the most relatively new concept that came with the announcement of the Salesforce DX, scratch orgs play a vital role during the code application. Developers can use them alongside CI tools for development.
● Continuous Integration: This facility allows the developers and admins to utilize SFDX innovations with several CI procedures including Jenkins, TeamCity, Heroku, or Travis CI.
The Advantages of Using Salesforce DX
Salesforce DX has streamlined the development process, but it comes with several features that are mentioned above, which offers developers with many benefits. Some of the advantages of using Salesforce DX are:
● Ability to use continuous integration alongside automated testing. The tool eases the pressure and helps the developer to avoid all the manual processes that were previously required.
● It has turned the release cycle into a modified product that is far more lightweight and efficient to work with.
● Developers can utilize the platform very easily, owing to the set up of the local development workspace.
● Encourages collaboration along with team development at the same time.
● Creating and setting the timeline of orgs are pretty easy with scratch orgs.
What Are the Pitfalls of Using Salesforce DX?
Although there is no serious setback of utilizing the tool, just the fact that Salesforce DX is considerably a newcomer in the market, there is still a lot to learn about the features provided by the tool. The only possible drawback is the strong application of new command line instructions, which might need the admins to work differently.
As you can see, Salesforce DX easily outnumbers the minimal disadvantages with its big bunch of benefits. The utility was introduced with a motivation to simplify the development process for developers and the key features of Salesforce DX are just meant to do that.