(Tip #5/10) Ten INSTAGRAM (IG) Tips For Business Growth💰
Let me jump right into today's tip......
Tip# 5: Create Visual Content
I'm going to tell you something right now that may be 'controversial' (nope - it's not about vaxing!)......Your IG images DO NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT!!!....AND THEY DO NOT NEED TO BE IN A CERTAIN ORDER.
FOLKS, this is SOCIAL MEDIA....Be SOCIAL..have fun, DO NOT WORRY about the way your IG Grid 'looks'!
(I'm being 100% serious....that is an 'outdated' directive!!...Being AUTHENTIC is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!!)
However, the NUMBER 1 QUESTION that I GET ASKED about Instagram is...'What am I supposed to post?'
Here are some 7 ideas:
1. Behind-the-scenes posts: Give followers a look at your office/storefront/ manufacturing process...a 'day-in-the-life' look at you!
2. Quotes and text-based images:
Use text to create visually interesting content w/o photos
3. Product/Service: Show off your products/services/ upcoming events, etc
4. User-Generated Content: UGC is very fun, authentic, and compelling
5. Info/How-To/ Instructional posts: Teach your followers how to achieve a goal, how to do or make something (think of all of the 'how to' make-up vids!)
6. Videos: The maximum length of a video post on IG is 60 seconds....If you have 'more to say' then move it over to IGTV
7. Reels: These multi-cut videos are Instagram's answer to TikTok
Here's a screenshot from a client....they have a mix of #3, Product/Service Posts (top-row-middle); #5, Info posts (top-left corner), & #4, UGC (3rd row-middle).
Instagram users spend an average of 30minutes/day on the platform - give them something to look at!
P.S. In case you missed the other Insta Tips...Check them out @NRTMarketingSolutions.com
Louie Bischoff - Owner
Louie lives in the Phoenix, AZ area. She has had the opportunity for work directly with Facebook/Instagram in their SMB Advertising Area - where she learned many tips & tricks to make the 'algorithm your friend' for ads!! She has had her own marketing business with small business clients located throughout the world on-and-off since 2006, with an emphasis on Social Media Marketing and Marketing Strategy, Louie has her MBA in International Marketing from Thunderbird School of Global Management. Prior to focusing on Digital Advertising she built a career in the consumer product industry as a Product Manager. Louie was an award-winning adjunct faculty member at Thunderbird Graduate School where she has taught Business Communication/ Business Writing classes. She also lived overseas in Taipei, Taiwan for six years while teaching business communications with international companies. In addition to her MBA in International Management, she has her BA in Broadcast Journalism/English (minor) from the University of Arizona. Louie has two teen-age sons.