Lessons from Tony Robbins for Huge Results
Ep 056 – 3 Lessons from Tony Robbins to Skyrocket your Event Results
I was watching a speech from Tony Robbins – the most successful life coach and motivational speaker in the world – and even though he wasn’t talking directly to the Trade Show and Events industry, it sure seemed like it to me!
Among his many points, he gave three powerful lessons which I want to share with you in this episode – and show you how you can incorporate these into your upcoming virtual and live events!
1. You act differently based on where you think you are in a relationship
· What will you do for someone at the beginning of a relationship? ANYTHING!!
· But as time goes on we lose that
· Think cell phones and cable companies. They lure us in with huge promotions and then seem to forget about us.
· What are you doing to build long-lasting relationships with your sponsors and exhibitors? With attendees? Customers?
· Successful marriage counselors try to get couples to remember what things were like at the beginning at start doing those things again!
2. Why do kids beat us in video games? They Anticipate!
Ever play a little kid in a video game you have never played before? Why can they play for 45 minutes when we can’t last 45 seconds?
· They have already played the game
· They know the road ahead
· They have ANTICIPATION
· WINNERS anticipate – LOSERS react
· Roger’s Top 20 Questions – episodes 9 & 10
Check out my interview with Roger Miller:
Part 1 – https://tradeshowu.biz/episodes/episode-009-using-the-power-of-improv-at-trade-shows-with-roger-miller-of-tues7/
Part 2 – https://tradeshowu.biz/episodes/episode-010-using-the-power-of-improv-at-trade-shows-part-2-with-roger-miller-of-tues7/
· Can be more efficient and effective, and get people out of your booth
3. Engagement is the key to Breakthroughs in business
· Think about this – being first or having the most resources isn’t enough
· MySpace vs FB
· Vimeo vs YT
· Yahoo vs Google
· Each of these was successful because they were better at Engagement
· The greater the engagement, the more fulfilling
· Think about it – we like being around those who take interest in us
· Business imitates life because people buy from people
Take these three things away…
1. Always act like you’re at the beginning of the relationship
2. Anticipate what is going to happen next. Brainstorm with your team on those top 20 questions
3. Engage and stay engaged
Become an EXPERT in Virtual Events! Get your Certification from the Virtual Events Institute!
Use code VP02 for 10% off!!
About the author, Jim Jim Cermak has over 25 years of marketing, consulting and training experience, and has planned and worked hundreds of Trade Shows. He gets a little overly excited about Trade Shows, and puts that passion into helping companies get better results!